Tween Care Center
Spring Grove, MN
30% Reduction in Resident Falls
40% Reduction in Sundowners
the upgrade pays for itself
- Reduced energy consumption by $14,000 annually
- Energy Savings paid for the upgrade in 6.5 years
- Maintenance savings of over $2,000 annually
- Received over $5,000 in energy incentives
- 40% reduction in sundowners
- 30% reduction in falls
- 10% reduction in anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic meds
- Residents are much more active and less moody
Tweeten was scheduled to have cosmetic improvements completed. The administrator, Michelle Borreson, had read about how lighting may affect the residents and wanted to try it since there was an upgrade already budgeted. She was referred to EPL by the facility director at Gundersen Health Systems, where we already completed extensive work.
EPL worked up a design utilizing new fixtures and existing fixtures to help keep the costs of the project within an acceptable budget. EPL then installed the lighting and controls to change the color and intensity of the light based on the time of day.
After 1000 patient days, Michelle gave us the results mentioned above. The project was completed in 2017 and Tweeten has had $0 in lighting maintenance costs since. The controls have worked as designed and we have been able to maintain them from 150 miles away.