EPL recognizes that our responsibility to the environment goes beyond the energy savings and greenhouse gas reduction we achieve with our lighting upgrades.
We are also committed to also reducing our negative impact on the natural environment by:
- Complying with applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Adopting practices that increase efficiency and minimize waste
- Using quality products that are designed for sustainability
- Safely removing and handling lamp products which may contain mercury or hazardous materials
- Properly recycling lamp and ballast waste, with applicable manifest documentation and in accordance with EPA requirements
- Using DNR approved recycling companies
- Supporting research and new lighting technologies which are beneficial to human health and the environment
We continually strive to improve our environmental performance, and initiate projects and activities that will further reduce our impact on the environment.